Principal Cyber Security Analyst
We are working closely with a quirky media company based in New York City that is recruiting a Senior Cyber Security Analyst. This role will be the first cybersecurity professional to join the organisation so you will need to provide SME services across IDS, Incident Response, SIEM, firewalls, network forensics & host forensics and Red Teaming/ Penetration Testing (networks, applications, infrastructure). This organisation is very flexible when it comes to office hours and home working.
In the Senior Cyber Security Analyst role, you’ll be responsible for providing technical expertise but also have the opportunity to help define the cybersecurity technology, policies and roadmap. This role would suit someone currently working at a senior level in a SOC (Security Operations Centre) environment, or in a less formalised structure but still with expertise in IDS, Incident Response, SIEM, network forensics & host forensics and Red Teaming/ Penetration Testing (networks, applications, infrastructure).
- Conducting thorough incident response activities when necessary, alongside proactive monitoring of networks, applications and systems.
- Taking ownership of new technology requirements including a large firewall upgrade and email security system implementation.
- Ownership of the IDS (Intrusion Detection Systems) and Security Incident and Event Management (SIEM) technologies.
- Ownership of wider security technologies including Anti-Malware, tools, logs, etc.
- Conducting network forensics and host forensics.
- Conducting red teaming and penetration testing across web applications, mobile application and systems.
- Technical cybersecurity background will be necessary for this role.
- Experience working in an incident response capacity will be necessary (either managed service incident response or internal incident response will be acceptable).
- Experience with cybersecurity tools and technologies including: firewalls, IDS (Intrusion Detection Systems) and Security Incident and Event Management (SIEM), Anti-Malware, vulnerability scanning etc.
- Experienced in network forensics/ host forensics.
- Experience working as part of a CSIRT (Computer Security Incident Response Team), SOC (Security Operations Centre) or Offensive Security Team would be preferable.
- Experience in programming or scripting.
- Experience in large firewall implementation based projects would be highly preferable.