Information Security Manager
We are looking for an experienced Information Security Manager to join a well-known e-learning platform in New York City and take ownership for all of their Information Security, Cyber Security and Data Protection.
This Information Security Manager position will be the first IS role within the organisation, therefore we require you to be comfortable owning all Information Security aspects from Data Protection through to advising engineers and architects on their platform and products.
This is an incredibly strong opportunity for you to be a part of a rapidly growing organisation and put your stamp on information security across all business areas.
- You will work with technical teams to advise on information security and data protection requirements. You will not be expected to work at a coding level.
- You will work with Legal leadership to take responsibility for Data Protection and assume the Data Protection Officer role.
- Own all Information Security requirements including ISO 27001 compliance and implementing a fully functioning Information Security Management System (ISMS).
- You will advise on and develop information security policies and processes.
- You will act as the point of contact for all IT and Information Security Audit requirements.
- Experience with or have the ability to work with technical engineering and architecture teams to advise on information security, it is highly preferable that your experience is within a platform or product-based environment.
- You should have excellent knowledge of data protection including data subject access requests, data audits, data privacy impact assessments, data incident management, GDPR compliance, privacy policies etc.
- Experience in assuming the Data Protection Officer role would be highly preferable, but not a necessity.
- Excellent knowledge of information security policies, procedures and standards.